Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 19, 2010 will always be remembered in our family, the first day of school for Jadon. This day began a new chapter in his young life and I am excited to watch it unfold.

Just in case you are wondering I did not cry, I did not even get teary eyed. I have been excited about this day for him. I did have that heart swelling proud feeling though.

Jadon has been wanting and ready to go to school for a while. He loves to learn and he honestly just could not wait to go to school so he could learn more.

I have been spending 5 years praying with and for him and every night the one constant in all those prayers is that he would grow to love God more and more with each passing day. For me today was about him going out on his own to put into action what he has been taught and to show God's love to his peers around him.

Todd and I tease with the kids all the time about not letting them have any more birthdays once they hit 5. There is no reason for them to grow anymore, of course we tease and have fun with it. Honestly, though, I am excited to see them grow. I want to see what God will do in their lives and how He will use them.

Here are a few pictures of Jadon's first day and one of him and his teacher Mrs. Daugherty.


And the night before his big, first day of school Jadon lost his other front tooth. He has now lost a total of 4 teeth.

Jadon, I am so proud of you and can not wait to see how you grow and change this next year.

0 comments: